[ExI] A humble suggestion

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 16:09:43 UTC 2010

Hmm...I *did* send this.

I guess what this was a plea for was a mobile transhumanist revolution.  I
didn't mean to be naive/patronizing or mean that these things aren't being
worked on, but only that it would be germane to our task for H+ folks to
begin gathering a following by developing these and giving them where they
are needed..  My point is that transhumanism should begin to engage the
public, especially the sector that needs the most help, because we will need
them eventually.

It is very important that transhumanists don't get wrapped up in this whole
anti-science movement.  There is a real opposition to science itself that
has stubbornly persisted, no matter what technology does.  A good way to
make people like science is to use it to solve their horrible problems.
While it's great to speculate on this chat list, nobody can see it.  Not
gaining any 'cred' so to speak.  And while this 'cred' isn't the most
important thing there is...it is important, no?

Sorry if my first message (or this one) came/comes off as ridiculous.
 Sometimes I think I am communicating an idea when in truth I am failing to.