[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

AlgaeNymph algaenymph at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 15:19:14 UTC 2010

On 11/12/10 6:01 PM, natasha at natasha.cc wrote:
> Just read it.  Cute.  Didn't like the issue with prettiness and found
> it trite. Liked the acknowledgement that "the only rule in science is
> that the final arbiter is the observer".  Enjoyed the part about "the
> rationalist's version" and enjoyed the inward dialogue about
> rationality. I prefer Wikipedia's story here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality  But then maybe I'm not such a
> fan of Harry Potter (sorry ... the story is not consequential enough
> for me, although the special effects in the films are great!)

I'm not that big on Potter myself, but what I like is that he's actually
doing something more *explicit* to get the transhumanist meme out there
than personal projects pending publicity.  It's definitely doing more
than pretentious petty political pontification.  If we don't hang
together as transhumanists, not only will we hang separately but Kass,
Rifkin, McKibben, and their ilk will make look like death by autoerotic
asphyxiation.