[ExI] Paleo/Primal health [Was: Re: Technology, specialization, and diebacks...Re: I love the world. =)]

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Nov 13 15:59:56 UTC 2010

Great question.  Max has taken me along on his diet, mainly because he has
been doing all the meal preparation in our house and I just enjoy watching.
I had to adapt to removing some of the grains from my diet, including pasta
which "amo mangiare", but I really haven't missed it too much.  Eating meat
is a BIG change for me.  I had been a soft vegetarian for years, after
introducing fish and chicken back into my diet; but now with eating read
meat I am still a bit perplexed.  Just not sure who I am when I experience
myself eating meat.  One thing that I do admire about Max being a paleo diet
connoisseur is that he is very particular about how the foods are grown and
manufactured.  I cannot loose any weight, so I am not quite sure how this
diet will work for me in the long run.

So, in short, my question ties into yours Amara.

Max, after you respond to Amara, would you please advise me how I can
maintain and even gain weight on the paleo diet?  And, how do you see the
issues of how food is grown / raised, that is very different from  "organic"
foods?  (kiss)

Best,
Natasha

Natasha Vita-More