[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

Michael Anissimov michaelanissimov at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 18:30:34 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 2:10 PM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>wrote:

> And I noticed he did "friendly AI research" with
> a grad student, and not a fully credentialed academic or researcher.

Marcello Herreshoff is brilliant for any age.  Like some other of our
Fellows, he has been a top-scorer in the Putnam competition.  He's been a
finalist in the USA Computing Olympiad twice.  He lives and breathes
mathematics -- which makes sense because his dad is a math teacher at Palo
Alto High School.  Because Friendly AI demands so many different skills, it
makes sense for people to custom-craft their careers from the start to
address its topics.  That way, in 2020, we will have people have been
working on Friendly AI for 10-15 years solid rather than people who have
been flitting in and out of Friendly AI and conventional AI.

michael.anissimov at singinst.org
Singularity Institute
Media Director