[ExI] What might be enough for a friendly AI?

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Nov 18 02:30:12 UTC 2010

Florent Berthet wrote:
<< I had to manually repair a config file to get that working again. =(

> It sure *feels* wrong to imagine the ultimate state of any civilization
> being just an orgasmic blob, but then again, which elements do you use
> to estimate the success of something if not the consequences in terms of
> happiness?

=P

My own brain is sufficiently perverse that I was quite obsessed with the
idea for a 20 year period of my life. Now I've gotten over it, and no
longer want to involve anyone else in my own personal perversion which I
may or may not peruse. (My mandate right now is to reach the point where
something like that becomes an operational choice, and then choose.)

A few days ago I started looking for an opportunity to respond to an
obnoxious pro-uploading post with an equally obnoxious pro-whatever
posting as I had threatened to do way back in my "new transhumanism" post.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.