[ExI] The atoms red herring. =|

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 12:05:30 UTC 2010

Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> So what? Who cares about the cat? I only care about
> me. The hidden magic
> of uploading is that for it to be useful to the
> subject, the subject
> must poses the supernatural power of being able to
> choose his point of view.

OK, I had given up on this, but I'll give it one more
try, as you've mentioned the POV.

Just /what is it/ that has this POV?

(Yes, the easy answer is "Me, of course", but the
whole point of this thread is: What is 'Me'?)

The vilified 'uploaders', as you call them, have given
an explicit definition of 'Me'.  You have not.  Until
you actually say what the 'Me' is, you can't really
make any arguments about it, can you?

Ben Zaiboc