[ExI] What might be enough for a friendly AI?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 02:32:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>> Mike you have hit upon something that has been weighing on my mind since I
>> realized it a couple months ago:  imagine a good-outcome endgame: an MBrain
>> consisting of sun-orbiting computronium, the technogeek version of heaven,
>> everything turned out right, all humans were voluntarily uploaded and so
>> forth.
>
> Impossible; case in point. =\
>
> I'm sick to death of people proclaiming what I should want in my future.

Geez Alan, you can't see that Spike meant "All humans who wish to be
uploaded did so voluntarily"  Perhaps you meekly remain as the sole
soul to inherit the earth.

And if you were truly sick all the way to the point of death then
there would be no further complaining.  :)

So I think if you are going to use language like "sick to death" then
you should grant others some latitude in word choice and treat the
group as a collection of (mostly) friendly people who are just hangin'
out and chatting.