[ExI] Nostalgia ( Best case, was Hard Takeoff

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 22 15:41:52 UTC 2010

On Nov 19, 2010, at 6:10 PM, John Grigg wrote:

> I am so tired of people whining about this subject! lol  I remember
> when I first joined this list *eleven* years ago, people were pining
> for the "golden age" of years past...

I joined the list in early 1993 and from the very first day I've been hearing about how all the young wiper-snappers who were on the list nowadays were just a bunch of second raters and they couldn't hold a candle to the giants the list once had back in the good old days. On the whole I don't think nostalgia is a positive emotion and I certainly don't believe it is conducive to accurate recall of past events; giants from the past may not really be all that much larger than some people from today.

  John K Clark