[ExI] Micro-loan programs not as successful as hoped

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Nov 24 18:43:02 UTC 2010

On Nov 23, 2010, at 6:38 AM, Stefano Vaj wrote:

> 2010/11/22 Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com>:
>> Basically agreed. When people complain about a price being too high or too
>> low (in an uncoerced setting*), they demonstrate a misunderstanding about
>> how prices work. None of these claims hold up under scientific scrutiny.
>
> OTOH, money need not be supplied "for a price", let alone after having
> been produced out of thin air by some private entity.

Money is a value token.  Creating it without value debased it thus indirectly taxing all holders of money.
The word 'supplied' may hide the fact that new tokens of value are being created out of thin air with no new value
to back them up.   Nor is this theoretical.   From 1910 to today the US dollar lost over 95% of its purchasing value
largely through inflation of the money supply.   Since the current economic crisis began the US has apparently
effectively doubled the money supply.  It is not hitting the markets in mega inflation because so much is tied up in interest bearing (!?) bank reserves with the Fed.   But I would look for at least double digit inflation not too many
years from now.

- s