[ExI] new entry from symphony of science

Kat Walsh kat at mindspillage.org
Thu Nov 25 04:20:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> On 11/24/2010 8:32 PM, Mike Dougherty wrote:
>
>> And I wish this "effect" had never been invented.  It is like nails on
>> chalkboard...
>
> Yeah, it's hideous. And in this case tacky, sort of acoustic Jesus in pastel
> on black velvet. Sorry, Spike.

Aww. I thought the first few Symphony of Science were
outstanding--they were structured like regular pop songs, with the
auto-tune effect used well--not just auto-tuned speeches cut up and
somewhat haphazardly set to music. Around #4 (after he had already
used the best Sagan material) it sort of jumped the Pisces...

-Kat

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia online: http://donate.wikimedia.org/en
Wikimedia, Press: kat at wikimedia.org * Personal: kat at mindspillage.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindspillage * (G)AIM:mindspillage
IRC(freenode,OFTC):mindspillage * identi.ca:mindspillage * phone:ask