[ExI] a longevity sf story

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Nov 27 17:14:29 UTC 2010

On 11/27/2010 10:04 AM, Darren Greer wrote:

> At the same time, I was curious about the short description of the story
> chosen by the editors: Life's too short? For Martin, it seems too long.
> *
> *
> Reading that, you'd think that this story was making some kind of
> revelatory statement about the philosophical rightness of a short or
> unextended life.* I didn't read it that way at all. *

Yeah, the subs did that. I read the story, quite liked it, sent it to
the editor in chief for consideration, he didn't like it enough for the
print magazine but bought it for online use. I made no further
contribution after I fwd'd it. I resigned as COSMOS editor a few weeks
ago, and the final story I got accepted, by Malaysian doctor and writer
Fadzlishah Johanabas bin Rosli, is due out next month; it's about a
devout Muslim robot. Just in time for Xmas, y'know?

Damien Broderick