[ExI] Satirical News Sites (Was Nulla contro lo Onion)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 23:10:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:17 PM, spike  wrote:
> BillK, I can't tell if this is satire or real, but it looks and sounds real
> to me.  I am not hip to euros or politics on that particular continent.
> Please Euro-hipsters, is this really as it sounds?  If so, what (if
> anything) do we do now?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyq7WRr_GPg&feature=player_embedded

It's real in the sense that Farage did actually make that ranting
speech to the European Parliament. He is famous for his rants against
European politicians and this one has gone all over the interwebs.

He is the leader of the UK Independence Party, a small English
nationalist party which wants the UK to withdraw completely from the
Euro political system.

It is debatable how much of what he actually said is correct, but he
has tapped into an anti-Euro politics feeling that is becoming very
common. The 50,000 protest march outside the Ireland parliament would
doubtless agree with him.

BillK