[ExI] Renormalization (was End of time?)

scerir scerir at libero.it
Mon Oct 4 16:33:17 UTC 2010

[Avantguardian writes]
Regarding this practice of "regularization" or renormalization in physics,
Dirac
said,  "Most physicists are very satisfied with the situation. They say:
'Quantum
electrodynamics is a good theory and we do not have to worry about it any
more.'

# As far as I remember Ed Witten, in his 'Newton lecture (2010)', says
something
about that, from the p.o.v. of a string theorist of course. Since the speaker
is
Ed Witten it would be interesting to find out it, maybe.
 http://www.iop.org/resources/videos/lectures/page_44292.html