[ExI] shweeb

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Oct 13 16:40:25 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Dan
> Subject: Re: [ExI] shweeb
>
> ... Regarding people not liking each other, I thought cars tend
> to make this worse.
> I.e., people are less pleasant to each other when they're
> protected by and segregated in cars. Road rage happens a lot,
> but it doesn't seem like many fist fights break out in the
> Tube. Or I've missed them. Regards, Dan

Ja, Dan what I meant was plenty of us avoid mass transit because of the
problems of, or perceived risk of (in approximate order of importance):

1. lack of transportation at the destination
2. communicable diseases
3. crime
4. being squicked by the smell or appearance of the proles, or 4b. causing
the proles to be squicked by the smell or appearance of oneself
5. terrorism (possibly a subset of 3 above).

Ideally I would like to see a mass transit system of some sort which (in
approximate order):

1.  reduces total cost of infrastructure
2.  reduces or eliminates need for external energy source
3.  reduces ability of terrorists to slay multiple proles or ability to
wreck expensive infrastructure
4.  decentralizes infrastructure
5.  minimizes noise and air pollution
6.  looks cool and mod
7.  disables labor union strike power
8.  provides a means for proles to exercise their flabby butts
9.  reduces load on the roads so the trucks can get to my local Walmart with
my cheapy Chinese manufactured household goods
10. reduces government power