[ExI] Fwd: What Technology Wants

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 20:30:08 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Kelly <kk at kk.org>
Date: Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Subject: What Technology Wants

Hello Friend,

My last book appeared 12 years ago. That's a lifetime in internet years.
Since that time I've been laboring on a monumental new book called "What
Technology Wants."  I am relieved that this long-overdue work is finally
done, and delighted that Penguin/Viking did a fabulous job in publishing it.
The cover is cool, too.

It premiers today. As of a few hours ago "What Technology Wants" is
available on Amazon in hardcover, Kindle, and audio versions, and at your
favorite online or brick bookstore. I feel like shouting from the rooftops.

In this book I explore the deeper "meaning" of technology. I view our human
world through the eyes of technology, as if it were a living organism,
independent of us. I learned a lot from this investigation, and I think I
found some answers that helped me evaluate technology in my own life, in a
way that might help you do the same. I also changed my mind in the course of
writing it and reluctantly concluded that most new technology is inevitable,
and so we should make the most of that inevitability. I suppose this book
will be controversial.

More about "What Technology Wants" can be found on my website, including a
lot of flattering endorsements from people I respect, and a few early
reviews and mentions, such as ones in the New York Times, Scientific
American and the Economist.

You have my email. I welcome feedback on the book, comments, tweets, reviews
on your blog or Amazon, mentions, and inquiries. I can say without
exaggeration that I wrote this book for you, in the hope that as you read it
you will be refreshed and encouraged by its grand message of optimism and
possibility.

Rejoice!

Book website
http://www.kk.org/books/what-technology-wants.php

Amazon page
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0670022152/ref=nosim/kkorg-20

-- KK

Kevin Kelly  *   kk at kk.org
Senior Maverick for Wired
Author of What Technology Wants, available Oct 14, 2010
http://www.kk.org/books/what-technology-wants.php
+1 650 284 3303 vox  * 149 Amapola Ave, Pacifica, CA  94044  USA
My Lifestreams Blog =  http://www.kk.org/kk/

--
- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/