[ExI] Benoit Mandelbrot

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 03:08:59 UTC 2010

A Mandebrot set zoom accompanied by musician Jonthanan Coultan's song
"Mandelbrot Set." Seems like a fitting tribute. I was introduced to
Mandelbrot sets and fractals by an ex, who was using them in his computer
music compositions and art installations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEw8xpb1aRA

Darren

2010/10/17 spike <spike66 at att.net>

> ... I've had fun with the Mandelbrot set over the years, the first program
> I ever wrote generated one... John K Clark
>

> Mandelbrot's work blew my mind and changed my life.  My first computer (a
> Vic20) was put to work generating Mandelbrot sets in 1983.
>
> spike

"I don't regret the kingdoms. What sense in borders and nations and
patriotism? But I miss the kings."

-*Harold and Maude*