[ExI] the fun they had

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 02:25:21 UTC 2010

Mike Dougherty wrote:
Actually, I prefer to block the transaction process of the cashier
while I place the ugly old paper money back into my wallet before
picking my items up from the counter.  I had to wait for all their
button pushing and barcode scanning, they can accomodate me for the 8
seconds it takes to return a few lousy singles to a billfold.  We
might even be able to parallelize the task if they didn't insist on
holding my change until the recipt finished printing then handing over
a pile of receipt, paper money and coins balanced on top - all dumped
into your hand with a flourish of "done, move!" and a grab for the
next customer's item-to-be-scanned.

What makes us old?  Having gone through this kind of experience enough
times to be annoyed by it enough to rant about it to others. :)

Young or old..., it's offensive to be treated this way.  But then I
have known people who move at GLACIAL speeds when it's time to put
their paper bills back into their wallet! lol

John