[ExI] Meta was Psi in a major science journal

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Thu Oct 21 15:34:33 UTC 2010

Keith Henson wrote:

>>> Nobody talks about how it does it for the same reason
>>> nobody talks about how astrology works, or how
>>> touching wood prevents mishaps.
>> That is, you claim it does not exist except as foolish superstition.
>
> The meta question is why people are so attracted to this subject.
>
> The answer, of course, has roots in our evolutionary past, but the
> connection is not clear to me.

... and yet you (superstitiously?) cling to the belief that it does have
roots in our evolutionary past.

The next meta question is why people are so attracted to the idea that
everything has roots in our evolutionary past.

The answer, of course, has roots in computational cognitive psychology,
but the exact locus of the effect is not clear to me.

Richard Loosemore

;-)