[ExI] Psi in a major science journal, J. Personality and Social Psychology

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 21 17:48:53 UTC 2010

On 10/21/2010 11:26 AM, AlgaeNymph wrote:

>> Actually, this is just factually incorrect.  Me, personally, I have
>> read dozens of papers that try to analyze how it works.  They may not
>> be good explanations, but they are attempts, at least.

> Do you know of them, or where specifically I can find them?

Well, you could always read my book OUTSIDE THE GATES OF SCIENCE. Brief
accounts of some attempted explanations there, plus references to some
relevant papers.

I think there are two issues here:

If psi phenomena exist, how do they work? (Is it a side effect of
Hawking's many histories, say, or quantum entanglement, or 9th
dimensional magic from the post-Singularity mind at the center of the
galaxy?)

If psi phenomena exist, what is their function in an evolved critter?
This is easier to examine, because we can play the same Just So games as
evolutionary theorists and even apply some algebra to the topic. One
notion I suggest in the book is that psi might be used primarily during
gestation, and later in parental bonding and protection, and the traces
we see of it in later life are clumsy repurposed exaptations.

Damien Broderick