[ExI] Psi in a major science journal, J. Personality and Social Psychology.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 21 21:03:52 UTC 2010

On 10/21/2010 3:23 PM, John Clark wrote:

> I would try doing the experiment for myself using that code

Right, and that would be easy for you because you'd have at hand:

"One hundred Cornell undergraduates, 50 women and 50 men... recruited...
using the Psychology Department’s automated online sign-up system."

And a lab suitable for running your computer trials. This is obviously
doable, since Prof. Bem offers to make his code available.

> An article describing a repetition of the experiment and a confirmation
> of Bem's results published in Science, Nature or Physical Review Letters
> would satisfy me. Otherwise it's just some guy who typed some stuff.

The hilarious thing about this mantra of yours is that *you* are just
some guy who typed some stuff, again and again.

Now, we happen to know that you are a pretty sharp cookie, but you have
offered zero experimental rebuttal of any of the evidence provided by
Bem and others; indeed, you have refused to read that evidence. Until
you do something more interesting than being some guy who typed some
stuff, your impact (on this topic) should be entirely inconsequential.

Damien Broderick