[ExI] Psi in a major science journal

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 08:03:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Ben Zaiboc  wrote:
> My take on the whole thing isn't focused on whether there is some barely
> detectable evidence of some unexplained ability in certain people under
> certain elusive conditions, but rather on whether there's anything /useful/ there.
>  And there is absolutely zero evidence for that.
>
> Until psi starts giving real results in the real world, it's just not that interesting,
> and ranks with astrology, wood-touching and homoeopathy, for usefulness.
> Actually, you could claim that homoeopathy is more useful, because of the
> placebo effect.

That's pretty much my outlook as well.
Show me the money!

I read hundreds of articles on Physorg about weird stuff being worked
on in labs, effects in colliders, string theory discussions, etc. etc.
Most of them just get filed in the box 'Interesting - maybe it will
come to something'. Much of it will never be heard of again, but some
items will develop into, say, new spintronics computers.  Hurrah!

So psi research reports also get filed in that box.

But so far, after many, many years of 'interesting' research, none of
of the psi items have emerged, blinking, into the daylight as a
wonderful new product.
Maybe they will  - one day. But until then they remain filed.
'Interesting', but filed.

BillK