[ExI] Electric cars without batteries

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 23 18:36:47 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Electric cars without batteries
>
> 2010/10/23 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> > serious noise issues you'd need to solve. I don't want to discourage
anybody ...

> Since when?

Since always.  The turbines aren't necessarily noisy but the gear trains
are.  For a gas turbine to be efficient it must spin like all hell, which
makes them inherently challenging for mechanical engineers.  If you know a
practical way to quiet those gear trains and deal with the lubrication and
wear problems, do share, so we can be rich and famous (you famous, me rich.)