[ExI] Physics versus psychology

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 16:51:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not difficult to comprehend if you have the background.
>
> The human emotional operating system has been under intense selection
> back to the origin of mammals if not before.  Those who managed to
> successfully reproduce under conditions then current had "the right
> stuff."

I propose that the EP explanation for nearly everything people do is
so simple to accept that I don't feel a compelling need to read many
of the supporting articles you've posted.  I imagine a child at a zoo
asking an adult, "Why is that lion eating that gazelle?" to which the
adult replies, "because it's hungry."  The answer is straightforward
and simple; since it satisfies the question, no follow-up is required.

In the case of EP, the acceptance of the basic premise is easy - the
application in its various permutations that is considerably more
involved.