[ExI] Let's play What If.

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:17:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> If I know *in advance* that the information is going to be kept from me, I'm
> not foolish enough to authorize the procedure. If it is going to be done
> anyway by an evil scientist, whatever I say about it, I'm screwed. My
> recommendation: stay well clear of mad or bad scientists, despots, tyrants,
> and other brutes.

The point is not that the information is kept from you, it is that it
doesn't make any difference when it is revealed. You are a copy of the
Damien of a year ago, now long disintegrated. Perhaps you hadn't
considered this fact before. Now that you have considered it, does it
change anything?

--
Stathis Papaioannou