[ExI] Let's play What If.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Oct 29 17:54:55 UTC 2010

On 10/29/2010 12:31 PM, Richard Loosemore wrote:

> One of the two future people should be afraid, and one should not.  But
> that is a stupid statement because before the duplication NEITHER of
> those future entities exist.

Not so. John explicitly stated that the original would be set free, and
asked how the original would feel about the prospect of his duplicate
being tormented. Since I am the original prior to any duplicating, I
know I'm safe if the psychopaths keep their promise, which seems
unlikely). What happens in the consciousness of the duplicate *after he
is created* is a different matter, because the poor bastard will
remember everything I do.

Damien Broderick