[ExI] Flash of insight...

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Oct 30 22:27:45 UTC 2010

On 10/30/2010 4:52 PM, Jeff Davis wrote:

> I hypothesize the
> coordinated cross-talk of this multitude of neocortical back-and-forth
> modules to be what we call consciousness.

I believe in the trade this is known as "society of mind."

Writing fiction is "talking to yourself" and "listening to yourself" and
"playing parts" for a living. Somehow you hive off imaginary entities
that often have very little to do with your own sense of self, and are
obviously repurposed interior models of the kind we use in understanding
and extrapolating other people and situations.

Damien Broderick