[ExI] Privacy vs the future

police dept policedepts at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 02:34:32 UTC 2010

"I used to be very optimistic.  Then I considered more closely the actual
possibilities of massively transforming the human psyche in a mere
generation or two so as to achieve and most enjoy my incredibly
optimistic utopian vision."

 We optimists are the last to know. Decades before the '80s researchers
were predicting something along the lines of HIV. Decades ago it was known
that the cost per pound to send vehicles into space was prohibitive. Etc.
As the Luddites, we too have to change our own thinking-- change begins at
home.