[ExI] don't let your guard down, not for a minute...

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Sep 11 01:59:58 UTC 2010

 On 9/10/10 4:13 PM, giovanni santostasi wrote:
> I agree that on the book communism is a far superior social
> organization than capitalism.

Based on what exactly?  On what "book"?

> Capitalism has exploitation as a key element by design.

False.  Only freely entered trades and other contracts are allowed.  No
initiation of force including fraud is allowed.

> In a way the fact that many people enjoy a modest level of benefits
> from capitalistic society is 1) the result of non capitalistic forces
> achieving rights for the individual 2) a clever form of exploitation
> similar to the roman emperors slogan "give them bread and
> entertainment and the people would be submissive". It simply makes us
> better consumers to be given crumbles of the big pie so we happily
> exploited and manipulated.

Empty assertions with neither argument or evidence.

> Of course, so far any  real mass-scale communism experiment has failed
> mostly because has been hijacked by tyrannical figures that used
> communism as a cover up.

Or it is broken by design as I and many others contend including many
who are former communists.

> Communism is a very idealistic approach to society, that if maybe
> unpractical (at least given the level of development of humans at this
> point) shares a lot with the transhumanist ideal of life.

If the "ideal" is not at all based in reality then how can it be ideal
for producing the best living systems of real human beings?  A system
that would work only for some poorly defined quite different beings than
what humans are deserves scathing contempt - not admiration.

- s