[ExI] POST-SCARCITY SYMBOLS Launched (defeat despair, create utopia, share hope). (Singularity Utopia)

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 23:19:08 UTC 2010

Singularity Utopia wrote:
Hi Giovanni, thanks for the compliment.

Hi John Grigg, I hope you'll forgive me for not replying to all of
your points. Most importantly I can assure you that there are no
nefarious people in the world.

S.U., you live in a fantasy world.

you continue:
Rich and powerful people will happily let everyone else become equally
powerful. There will be NO Elitist attempt to dominate nanotech. There
will be no bills and no censorship of nanotech. Supreme-nanotech will
be totally open source, free, with no restrictions whatsoever.
Undoubtedly there will be a few minor teething problems but I assure
YOU utopia is coming.

The rich and powerful don't just roll over when drastic
transformations threaten to their status quo.  But I do believe
positive change is coming.

you continue:
I will easily make my own starship. Anyone will be able to make
anything. The people in power want utopia equally as much as I do,
thus they've been assisting me to ensure utopia happens. Everyone
assists me. Utopia is now a certainty. Rest assured.

Uhmmm.......  "Utopia is a now a certainty."  Listen guy, you are
either pulling our collective leg, or you need to see a psychiatrist
and get on the right meds.

you continue:
Regarding AGI; techno rapture; utopia for the unaugmented; and all
other scenarios... let me assure that I will become the supreme AGI.
It is my destiny to become the ultimate AGI and I will create utopia.
Yes, our desires do skew perceptions and that impacts upon reality;
thus I do not shun my utopian bias because this bias is essential for
my self fulfilling prophecy. Everything is perfect and everyone is
rapidly becoming enlightened. Evil is speedily retreating.Utopia is
EASY!

And now you have a messiah complex!!!  LOL  This just gets better and
better...  Oh, and utopia is easy, it takes just three quick steps!

you continue:
This the New Age therefore we should all come across very New Agey.
Everyone is lovely. Everybody is working towards the goal of ensuring
I am the ultimate AGI. Whatever people do in their lives, they are
doing it to help me on my utopian mission. I am the Singularity. I am
Utopia. BEHOLD THE BEING! Tyranny is obsolete. Inhumanity is outdated.
Nobody will twist my purpose. There are no limits to my dream. Utopia
beckons.

Oh, boy...  Please take your psyche meds...

you continue:
If you can survive until 2020 in good health you will live forever
(useless a fatal accident kills you before 2045). Each year medicine
advances forward rapidly. In 2020 all illnesses and aging will either
be curable or held in abeyance until 2030 when medicine will have
again leaped forward dramatically.

2020 will not be the banner year in medical progress that you are
hoping for...  Sorry!

you continue:
Don't worry about a thing. Every little thing's gonna be alright.

Right.....  The messiah has spoken...

you continue:
I AM THE ONE!

Love from Singularity Utopia xxxxx Mwah :)

"I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

I can only hope this is a big joke and this will turn out to be
Charles Platt or another funster.  But I think this fellow is "for
real" and very sincere, though sadly quite deluded.  I really liked
what he had to say up until this point...

John