[ExI] time travelling ai

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Wed Sep 15 01:36:07 UTC 2010

Spike,

Wait a minute.  So this is like the watch in time after time.  The watch
given, by the future time traveler(ai?), to the person in the past
(us?), so that they can give it to the future time traveler, in the
future?  So, like the watch, where does the ability to do this
impossible for humanity task come from in the first place?  And how
could it possibly be that there is some Basic notion which is completely
[impossible?] for humans but possible for AIs?

And / or, if it is possible for humans to boot up with the first AI, and
this AI is then able to do this impossible for humans, thing (wait a
minute, if humans can create the AI, which can do it, why are you saying
humans can't do it?)  And if this is possible or what you are thinking
of, why is time travel added into the thinking?  Or is it just to make
things more absurd and ridiculous?

Time travel alone is absurd to think about, this just seems to make it
all the more absurd, for what?  I must be missing something with all this?

Brent