[ExI] A game that can't be made, but should. =P

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 15 23:33:14 UTC 2010

>     sentient NPCs

> A contradiction in terms? Nonetheless a good idea (in fact having copies
> of a bunch of sentient simulations to play around with seems pretty
> useful, though there are possible ethical issues).

=)

In the context of my game idea, the sentience of the NPC's had two
purposes. First, it makes the environment interesting. More profoundly,
the interface mechanism of mind-melding with one of them would allow you
to receive first hand experience from alternate brain types. The first
of which being stereotypically male and female brains.

Concurrently, such an arrangement would be an immensely powerful means
of IA. I expect the speedup obtainable from a single such link being on
the order of 80% (many assumptions, ofcourse). Now it gets REALLY
interesting when you are linking to an AI platform which is inherently 3
orders of magnitude more efficient...

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.