[ExI] invisible singularity

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Thu Sep 16 23:46:29 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 9/16/10, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

This is great Damien!  I didn't realize you had done all this.  Mighta happened while I was on vacation or something.

>... In the past week, I have come up with a number of
> different
> > possibilities.  One just occurred to me this
> morning.  Here goes:
>
> Nice projection, Spike. I might have to steal that for a
> story... :)
>
> Damien Broderick

Doctor Broderick, I would be deeeeeply honored if you would steal that.  I would work with you on the story.  I would make an outline, or work with your outline on a fiction story about an intentionally invisible singularity.

Actually you couldn't steal it even if you wanted to, for I freely give it to you, knowing your literary talent as demonstrated so frequently and so well.  I could fill in some of the details on how a typical spacecraft has plenty of unnecessary stucture and unused computing capacity after it gets to it gets stabilized in its proper orbit and attitude, for a great deal of computing capacity is needed for stability and control during the launch, ascent and orbit insertion events.