[ExI] A dispassionate examination of being an upload.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Sep 18 22:52:13 UTC 2010

On 9/18/2010 2:54 PM, John Clark wrote:

> your third grade English teacher told you, that "I" is a pronoun when in
> reality it is a adjective. You are the way matter behaves when it is
> organized in a Alangrimesian way.

I know you're awfully fond of this koan, John, rather as you're fond of
misusing "effect" when you mean "affect" but the words you want here are
"an adverb." Not "a adjective." It's the *behaving* (a verb) you're
paying attention to, not the *matter* (a noun)--and indeed this is your
very point. So please upgrade your pithy maxim. (It would be a pithy not
to.)

Damien Broderick