[ExI] stealth singularity

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Mon Sep 20 17:09:15 UTC 2010

Spike,

I believe that benevolence is absolutely proportional to intelligence.

I believe that intelligence hiding from us is absolutely evil.

Therefore, you’re proposed possibility suffers from the same problem of evil
issue any other proposed possible hiding super intelligent being / god / ET
existing suffers from.

So, I would tend not to even entertain such an unlikely possibility, unless
there was profound evidence to support it.

I am an atheist, and that atheism includes not just the hope there is not
yet God, but the hope that there is not yet any intelligent beings of any
kind that is hiding from us.

For if there is any such being, then there is no hope, and we will be
condemned to the reality that even if we become as powerful as they are, we
will also likely not be able to overcome the evil of having to hide from
others like they allegedly are hiding from us.

Brent Allsop