[ExI] stealth singularity

Tim Halterman timhalterman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 20:27:06 UTC 2010

> Can you imagine *any* circumstances whereby an emergent AI would decide to
> stay under cover, at least for a while?  I can.  Anyone else?
>
> spike

This might be a bit dramatic but do we attempt to converse with the crystals
that likely gave rise to the first organic matter?

Perhaps the AI would view it's own creation merely as that one in a trillion
probability of slinging enough goo together you eventually create something
out of it.  Organic beings may simply be seen as foundation like the basic
structure of a crystal.  Given enough time and the right environmental
variables this foundation can give rise to something more.

How can we really say how an AI may view the universe as we know it.

-Tim