[ExI] Xylomannan (was: Re: Trehalose for life-extension?)

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 22:18:55 UTC 2010

John K Clark wrote:
I very much doubt that, Xylomannan was only discovered last year.

 But then again I remember there being a fish that they were also
looking at carefully

Fish that live in the polar regions use antifreeze proteins that let
them cool down to 28 degrees F, but arctic insects that live on land
must worry about things getting much much colder; the champ is the
Alaskan Upis beetle which can survive an incredible minus 100 degrees
F, it uses Xylomannan and that is not a protein, it is a complex
sugar.

I wonder if Alcor's vitrification formula can be improved with
synthesized Xylomannan?  But what we really need is a beetle that can
survive temps of minus 320 degrees F...  ; )  The "Alcorus Cryonicus
Beetle!"

John