[ExI] A dispassionate examination of being an upload.

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Sep 22 16:52:31 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Keith Henson
> ...Or you could modify yourself to get the internal state
> from smoking without using tobacco.  Where this leads is
> scary.  Minsky talked about the dangers of easy modifications
> to internal states in Society of Mind decades ago... Keith

Ja.  If we figure out how to modify ourselves to be able to get those
feelings one gets from copulating with one's sweetheart, to get those
feelings alone and free of charge, that is THE END of human reproduction,
and eventually the end of humanity.  This scenario has been offered as an
explanation for why SETI has found nada, and is as good an explanation as
any other I have seen.