[ExI] Binary proof of evolution

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Sun Sep 26 02:22:19 UTC 2010

Here is an idea for someone with too much time on their hands and a pile of computers gathering dust.

I propose a computer project that would demonstrate in relative and understandable terms how evolution can occur despite the odds being against it. A simple random coin toss program taking radio white noise input to determine a head (1) or a tail (0).
Compare the output binary string against the binary data string of a txt file containing one work of Shakespeare. Run until a match occurs.

This would show how true random input could not only produce data containing meaning, but in a sense it could be comparable to the output of evolution (mankind), the evolution of mankind itself (civilisation and society) and also the output of one of mankind's finest examples. you get the idea, it demonstrates probability vs very large number of attempts.
Any takers?

oh, the prize?.........a very fine example of a British pound sterling (£1), appropriately transferred in zeros and ones from my own Paypal account ;o)       (no I won't pay compound interest if the experiment take 20K years! LOL)