[ExI] san jose tech museum's take on the singularity

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Sep 27 22:10:44 UTC 2010

I was kidding.  (Maybe I was to dry.  It¡¦s that kind of day ƒº)

But since you brought it up:  Artists/designers have always been
humble and messy with the tools of creating art - designing with inks
and blue prints;  building with brick and mortar;  sculpting dusty
marble; mixing oil, dammar varnish and turpentine; and  working with
wires and switches in creating interactivit6y, immersivity,
virtuality, gaming, etc.

I wonder if the term elite fits the 21st Century.  Bishop Eddie Long
is elite in his circle, and George Carlin in his. Ray is the elite of
the Singularity.  Some elite worked hard to acquire excellence of
performance in their respective fields. But in looking at a few dozen
quotes by elites about the word "elite", it seems that references are
most often stated with disdain, as if the elites are the ¡§others¡¨,
those who we ought to dislike. I don't fee that way.

Best,

Natasha