[ExI] Fwd: [Body Hacking] SleepHacks

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:41:48 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jolly <jolly at ajollylife.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Subject: [Body Hacking] SleepHacks
To: bodyhacking at lists.caughq.org

Cool tips on sleep hacks:
If you want to sleep less, esp for short periods of time - Modafinil.
I've been up for 2.5 days without a problem on it.

If you want to sleep more/better:
1) Pitch black room.
2) Orange (blue blocking glasses).  I use one in the specific SCT
orange color (info found here
http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/LightDark.htm)
Blue inhibits the production of melatonin, which is the key hormone
your body produces when it gets dark out.

This is the pair you want if you have glasses -
http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S0360X-Ultra-spec-SCT-Orange-Anti-Fog/dp/B003OBZ64M
This is the pair you want if you dont -
http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S1933X-Eyewear-SCT-Orange-Anti-Fog/dp/B000USRG90

I put them on a few hours before I go to bed.
Also, I have a blue light source to help me wake up in the morning.  I
still need to rig up a robotic arm or something to open the window in
the morning instead....

Hope this helps!
-Jolly

--