[ExI] End of time?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 15:48:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Keith Henson  wrote:
> http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1009/1009.4698v1.pdf
>
> I am not sure there is anyone here with enough math skills to evaluate
> this one, but if there are, I would like to hear what you think about
> it.

Well, I don't have that level of math skills, but I read a blog that does:

<http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=3185>

They don't think much of it. 42 comments so far mostly agree.

Quote:
    But holy crap, if physicists don’t lose all of their scientific
credit by publishing this pure garbage and nothing else for years, can
they lose their credibility at all? Does the institutionalized science
have any checks and balances left? I think that all the people are
being bullied into not criticizing the junk written by other people
who are employees of the academic system, especially if the latter are
politically correct activists. And be sure, some of the authors of
this nonsense are at the top of it.

    This is just bad. I urge all the sane people in Berkeley and other
places to make it very clear to Bousso et al. – and to students and
other colleagues – that they have gone completely crazy.