[ExI] Millions of tons to space

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:37:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM,  Mr Jones <mrjones2020 at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I just don't understand how the foresight isn't in place already.

The simple reason is that energy sources are expensive.  Solar and
wind are particularly so because they are dilute and only there part
time.

If there were a way to get solar energy for less than the cost of
coal, gas or nuclear, then it would happen, but for the most part
people just don't know how to do it, or in one case, (SBSP) the front
end cost to get the transportation cost down is in the $100 B range.

But you won't see a lot of discussion here or any other place I know
about that gets into the details.  I guess it's just too hard and
people will not take the effort to understand it even if they are
able.

The few people of influence who do understand what we are up against
seem to be expecting a population collapse.

Keith