[ExI] Ray Kurzweil ranks 41 in TIME's 2011 TIME 100 Poll

kellycoinguy at gmail.com kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:41:43 UTC 2011

2011/4/11 spike <spike66 at att.net>

 I was also pleased to see Christopher Hitchens at number 7.  It worries me that I have never heard of any of those six above Hitchens

You have not heard of Glenn Beck?

This is why a scaled-up Athenian democracy would be a bad, bad idea!

I have often thought that an Athenian style democracy would work well enough if we each had enough intellectual capacity to fully investigate every issue. Obviously congressmen can not do this as they all require a substantial staff. Maybe some day when we are posthumans we can take another try. Athens worked because there was a match between what they knew and what they needed to know.

Kelly