[ExI] Paleo diet and sustainability

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Apr 12 19:35:29 UTC 2011

Keith: While I agree with you about that particular shortcoming in J.
Stanton's post, I don't think you should be too annoyed. Although his
assumptions in that respect show a lack of knowledge of what we've discussed
for ages, his posts are otherwise extremely substantial and informative
about issues that directly affect health and longevity right now.

Best,

--- Max

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:22 AM, J. Stanton <js_exi at gnolls.org> wrote:
>
> I am really getting annoyed at the postings on this list.  I would
> think the people who post here should understand Extropy.
>
> snip
>
> >  seven billion people is far, far
> > beyond the sustainable population of the Earth even if you posit nearly
> free
> > energy . . . .
>
> That is utter nonsense.  With really low cost energy you can make
> fresh water out of salt and pump it inland a thousand miles.
>
> Likewise, you can salvage phosphorous our of sewage and ship it back
> to the farms.
>
> Not that this means a lot.  I seriously doubt there will be any
> biologically based people left by 2100.
>
> Keith

Max More
Strategic Philosopher