[ExI] Recent human evolution repost

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:39:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> Mirco Romanato wrote:
>>
>> It selected for the same in other places of Europe also.
>> The advantage of England was/is to be an island, so it was safe from
>> foreign invasions that could have slowed the coming of the Industrial
>> Revolution as they slowed or stopped it in Holland and Italy.
>
> Hmm, Romans, Vikings, Saxons, Normans, the Dutch.... Britain has probably
> been invaded and taken over more often than than the average European
> country.

<tongue firmly in cheek>
If you were going to make an argument about Vikings, English and
genetics... One of the strongest arguments you would be able to make
is that based upon centuries of Vikings kidnapping the prettiest
English girls... that Iceland has beautiful women and England, well,
draw your own conclusions.
http://www.9uy.info/2009/08/beautiful-icelandic-women.html
</tongue firmly in cheek>

This hypothesis seems as worthy of study as the other to me. It
probably would be even more fun to study than digging through
thousands of dusty old wills..,. ;-)

-Kelly