[ExI] solar is looking better all the time: was RE: Efficiency of wind power

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Apr 20 15:56:03 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson

>...All I have is a crappy little PV solar system that is constantly giving
me trouble...  I'd like a better one please. :-)

-Kelly

Kelly that one offhanded comment has my full and undivided attention.  I
have always assumed any rooftop PV system is pay the initial cost, install,
forget.  Now you have me worried.  Do feel free to elaborate in arbitrary
detail.  Did you keep records on what went wrong when, and how much it cost
to fix, and did you personally have the tech expertise to repair it
yourself, or did you need to call in proles to help?

I have a friend who is installing a hundred kWh peak on a ranch in Oregon to
run pumps.  I am concerned, his brother is worried, he is terrified.