[ExI] "Atlas Shrugged" film review

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 05:26:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Kelly Anderson wrote:
> The idea that the press is "liberal" is so manifesty false that it is not
> worth arguing with anyone who would argue otherwise.
>
> Only in a country in which the right defines the word "liberal" to be
> synonymous with "questioning an extreme right-wing position in any way
> whatsoever", can the newspapers be considered "liberal".
>
> The Guardian is liberal.  The Morning Star is extreme liberal/communist.
>  Anything to the right of those is either centrist (The Independent) or
> slightly right of center (New York Times) or further to the right.

UCLA is not exactly a bastion of conservatism, but they found it was real...

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx

I think the New York Times is very left leaning from the stuff I have
read there, but that's just my personal opinion rather than science.
The Washington Times is right leaning, as of course is Fox.

I'm not going to argue this to death, because I know I won't get
anywhere. I am simply stating my own opinion that people who are
journalists naturally have a left leaning view of the world. They vote
Democrat MUCH more than Republican. That's just a simple fact.

-Kelly