[ExI] Alzheimer

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:21:57 UTC 2011

One simple stopgap measure: increased mental activity.  Like, a regimen of
one Sudoku (or more dedicated stuff, like one Brain Age session) per day.

It's no panacea, but odds are it will at least slow the progression, and the
potential for backfire is essentially nil.  Granted, it might not be as
effective as proper medications, but he can start on this while you find out
if there are good meds.
On Apr 21, 2011 7:50 AM, "Stefano Vaj" <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> The father of a good friend of mine has been regrettably diagnosed (well,
> such diagnoses appear to be really final only after post-mortem
> investigations, but probability is very high...) to be in the very first
> stages of Alzheimer.
>
> Besides the protein I am folding right now in a Folding at Home task on my
PC,