[ExI] "Atlas Shrugged" film review

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:13:34 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Kelly Anderson wrote:

A few weeks back (on or about Mar 12, 2011) the entire NBC evening
news was (appropriately) devoted to the earthquake and tsunami in
Japan. But, they did take a minute of the broadcast to inform the
American people that Michelle Bachman (darling of the right) got
confused about Lexington and Concord being in New Hampshire rather
than Massachusetts. Given that there is a Concord in New Hampshire, it
seems like the kind of gaff that we all make.

The point is that they could not pass on this story when it fit their
political agenda, EVEN with the tsunami, the imminent budget battle
and other really big stories. They never make this kind of time for
vice president Biden who is a well known gaffer, but they did for Dan
Quayle when it was his turn.

What was the point of that? Do you REALLY think that was the most
important story aside from the tsunami? Really?

Can you point out a time that CBS News was similarly slanted towards the right?

I know Fox is right leaning, to the point of being silly. They are not
fair and balanced at all. Do you admit the same for CBS? NBC? ABC?

Perhaps the newspapers aren't as glaring, but I can come up with a lot
of examples there too.

-Kelly