[ExI] Machine Intelligence Survey

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 10:40:54 UTC 2011

Samantha Atkins wrote:
>Barring technological capacity breakdown I believe it [human level AGI] is
quite possible before 2030.

I agree.  But my big question is, how many days/weeks/months/years/decades
after that, do we see exponential increases in AGI intelligence, that leads
to sentient machines that are 100, 1000, or even 10,000 times more
intelligent than a bright human being?  And of course, their lightning
speed in regards to thinking, as compared to our limited grey matter, will
be a huge advantage over us.  Also, their memory capacity and recall powers
will also be a staggering advantage.

John